There is no such thing as normal. Every learner is different.
We believe every person has a unique brain, unique ways of doing things, and unique learning needs. Many “disabilities” are not life-long problems but differences that can be resolved with the right interventions. Further, success depends on building on strengths while addressing what lies beneath the symptoms. We also know the brain can change at any age and the best results occur with individualized assessment and targeted, intensive, and carefully timed intervention.
Who we serve
We serve children, adolescents, and adults in a wide variety of ways. We use a multi-disciplinary approach, innovative tools, and a brain-based perspective.
Some common problem areas include:
• basic reading, reading fluency, and comprehension
• basic math skills
• executive functioning
• developmental vision skills
• sensory integration issues
• auditory processing problems
What Makes Us Unique
Our client-centered services draw on research from many disciplines, incorporate existing skills and strengths and provide easy to use remediations.
We use a three-pronged approach:
1) understanding what is going on developmentally “from the bottom up”, 2) making sure sensory and cognitive systems are working together, and 3) training parents and teachers to effectively combine traditional and “brain-based” methodologies.